WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 3 September 2015

QUOTH THE RAVEN - QUEST #48....MATERIAL THINGS


Hi Peeps,
Here I am with my creation this month for our latest Quest over at QUOTH THE RAVEN.Our challenge theme this month is "MATERIAL THINGS", so we want you to create a POE inspired piece which must include some material/fabric.
You can make anything you like as long as it has this and is obviously connected in some way to EDGAR ALLAN POE, since that what our Blog is all about :-D

I have finally finished converting my mobile phone instruction book I have been upcycling for a while now, and this piece covered the last two pages.

Here it is....

FRONT COVER 




I chose to illustrate ELEONORA by Edgar Allan POE and have used one of my images from IKEsART...'THOUGHTS' and my skellie hand.





I used a piece of multi colour canvas for the backing of both pages.
I added my image - I left her in monotone hues.




Then I cut a strip of brown satin and sewed down the middle whilst pleating it. I also made roses from the same fabric.




I finished off with a quote from the story...  " She had seen that the finger of Death was upon her bosom -  that, like the ephemeron *, she had been made perfect in loveliness only to die".  

nounplural ephemera 
 [ih-fem-er-uh(Show IPA), ephemerons.
1.
anything short-lived or ephemeral.
2.
ephemera, items designed to be useful or important for only a short time, especially pamphlets, notices, tickets, etc.
 If you would like to read the works of EDGAR ALLAN POE and this story, then click HERE.

You have one month to play along with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN and we would love to see you there.

Thank you for dropping in.

Challenges I am entering:

Altered Eclectics September Challenge - Anything Goes
Card & Scrap Challenge #102 - Flowers
Crafty Time Challenges - September - Anything But A Card
Re-Cycle, Re-Purpose, Re-Invent Sept Challenge 
Smudgy Antics Sept Challenge - Anything Goes  ***WINNER***



21 comments:

  1. OOOH, very dark and brooding! Edgar would have been proud of you.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creations
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over to look Bad Kitty :-D xxx

      Delete
  3. What a awesome creation. Love the dark colors.

    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Jytte, DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh - this is just gorgeous. My kind of dark and brooding I must say!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di - not too much blood and gore for you this time LoL xxxx

      Delete
  5. What a neat little book! A little creepy but not too much. Beautiful images and I love what you did with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the material on the cover! Once I zoomed in closer I loved it even more. Super job inside and out. I always love the surprises inside our wonderful creations. Thanks for supporting SI. Hope to see more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ike, this is fabulous! I absolutely love it!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Time this month. Good luck! Christine DT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic creation you have made Ike, great cover and the inside too. =)
    Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Ike! This is fabulously creative. Amazing use of fabric and Poe references. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Ike.... you always do QUOTH proud my friend.
    Thank you for also sharing this at Smudgy antics this month.
    love BDx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ike I love this! You make such wonder pieces that I just want to touch, really fab job. Thank you for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics this month.
    Shell xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work (as usual), Ike! That cover is just stunning and the inside pages are fabulous. I can't believe it is all a recycled mobile phone manual. You are so damn clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply Stunning Ike. I love me some Poe and you have done the master justice with this one. Who'd of thought you could upcycle a mobile phone manual. Very clever you are my friend :) xx Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning project Ike! Thank you for playing with us at Smudgy Antics & congrats on winning our last challenge😃

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really cool! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Time Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous project. Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics September Challenge.

    ReplyDelete