WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 12 September 2015

MESSING WITH STAMPS

Hi again,
This is my first creation to show you today.

I had a bunch of stamps sent me by a friend and one of them is this 'Tea House' one from De-STEMPELWINKEL, which I believe comes from the FS26 ORIENTAL DREAMS plate.
I decided to try and make some little faux ceramic tiles with it as a card topper.
First I stamped it onto card using blue Archival ink and then I mounted the whole thing onto thicker card. When it was dry I cut it up into tile pieces. I inked some of the edges to give a kind of 'grout' shadow and them stuck them all onto some more thin card.
I tried some one step crackle glaze on top of my little tiles, but it didn't do exactly what I thought it was going to. !! Hey-ho.  Not a particularly good crackle effect :-(
Then I mounted them onto some shiny blue card and added some little Chinese-alike style flowers down the side.
I think I overdid the shading a wee bit !!! :-(



I've not added a sentiment as I shall save this for maybe a card for a guy at some point.

I think the image works quite well for this effect but it did cut up the lady a bit too much ! Maybe next time I will adjust the size of the little tiles to make it not so 'cut up' :-D


Challenges I am entering:

De-Stempelwinkel Challenge #17 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft Challenge #13 - Anything Goes
Art Impressions Challenge #168 - Cut Your Cards

5 comments:

  1. this is very nice
    like it!
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a GREAT job on the tiling mate.

    Happy Saturday to you. Have a great weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the tiling looks amazing - what a beautiful stamp this is! It really does give a tile look. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome create for our Challenge "Cut It Out" over at Art Impressions! I love the tiling you did and the colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic idea really inspiring. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete