WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 5 September 2015

TRYING SOMETHING NEW

Good morning All and Happy Weekend,

In my Blog browsing this morning I found a new Challenge over at SPEEDY FOX & FRIENDS showing a Tutorial on stamping through stencils and fancied giving this a go :-D
I am a bit limited on stencils but I had a brick mask by PRIMA MARKETING so I tried that first.
I needed to make a Get Well card for a guy, so I went with blues on my first attempt........


I used some ColourBox cat's eye pigment inks in two shades of blue to put colour through the mask and then I stamped up in black  and orange using one of the flowers from the 'Flower Shop' rubber stamp set by STAMPIN' UP. I added the little Speedy Fox stamp on there too after I took the mask off. :-)
Then I used a Dimension Fourth cling stamp onto the side of the card and fussy cut around and into it and mounted the whole thing on some pale blue card.
The little sentiment was hand cut and stamped using a little set I have from PAPERTREY ink.

My second go was using a lovely stencil, made by Felicia Tortorici which I received in a Swap we did a while back to make playing card stencils over at YOUR PAPER PANTRY. These are just the right size for use on ATCs. :-)


For this one I used Archival inks in yellow and green for the background and then used the Horse from It's a Cowboy Thing stamp set by MFP STAMP SHOP and stamped him several times across the stencil in black.
I had a little horseshoe that was silver which I coloured with a gold pen and stamped Good Luck with my tiny Studio G alphabet set from Hampton Art.
I edged the ATC with some green Archival ink.

I quite enjoyed playing with this technique but I would need some more stencils to really get into it :-D

I hope you have a great carfty weekend.
Thanks for dropping in.


Challenges I am entering:




8 comments:

  1. love your creations
    have a nice day
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inky card and ATC Ike. Looks like a fun technique to try out.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the tutorial. Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really neat technique! I might have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Thank you for sharing at MFP SFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your card and ATC are wonderful. Great take on the tutorial. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the horses through the circles. Looks great. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and ATC. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete