WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Tuesday 15 January 2013

OH - THE JOYS OF GREECE....... NOT !!!! PLUS FREEBIE

Well Hello Peeps,
I am sorry to have been absent and you have missed out on the FREEBIES, but it was due to circumstances entirely out of my control :-(
I lost Internet and Telephone nearly 2 weeks ago now. !
We had a mahusive electric storm on the night before losing everything, so I thought it may have been the culprit.
I went down to the telephone company - after having established it wasn't anything wrong at my end.
The conversation went like this (but in my bestest Greek of course LoL)...........
On entering, the customer service man is chatting to someone and waving his coffee around. He sees me and carries on chatting.I wait for a couple of minutes before he finally drags himself away and comes over.
ME: "Good Morning and Happy New Year. After the storm last night, my telephone it does not work"
HIM: "Good New Year" - he walks over to his desk.
We sit down and he types away on his computer for a while. I think that he maybe is playing cards coz he ain't asked me anything yet, so what can he possible be typing about.? !!
HIM: "What your number is?"
I duly give it to him... he types some more and then writes something on a scrap of paper...
HIM: "Here - you must ring this"
I look at it.... a 5 digit number which I assume is some sort of Help Desk number.
ME: "How can I do that when I don't have a telephone?"
HIM:....................stares blankly at me for a moment and then gives me the 'Greek Shrug'.. which we take as being 'I really don't give a toss' !!
I walk out and stomp home. The number is not accessible via Mobile Phone which is the only thing I got now !!! I swear and shout and then get a friend to ring. She tells me the 'Very Helpful Man' will try and diagnose my problem remotely and fix it, or he will call Athens and they will do it or if they can't, they will call OTE on my island - which is where I have just been. He says they will call back on my mobile number in 2 - 3 hours and tell me what is happening either way.
OK - so I wait. The next day arrives .... NOTHING. !!
Other Half stomps down to town and sees different man - who speaks English coz Other Half doesn't do Greek :-)  Man types on computer, then makes a phone call. Afterwards he says "Ah, the problem is not inside your house. There was an accident and the pole is gone. We have to fix". Other Half asks when this will be done. He gets the 'Greek Shrug' and man says "Maybe 1 week". !!!!  Well that's almost like saying..'When I can be bothered to get up off my fat *rse and do something'.
Needless to say, we sit and wait for nearly 2 weeks whilst emails are breeding in my machine and I can't access them and things that should have been done aren't getting done, and I slowly climb up the wall with frustration. !!
Anyhoo - I filled my time with doing other things.... making stuff for Swaps and a bit of sewing and other schtuff, and I realised how much time I actually spend' diddling around' on the Web..... maybe I should try and cut down ???
So - here I am back again. I apologise for the lack of Freebies but here is the one I was working on at the time of the crash !! Another in our Greek series and I hope you enjoy it :-)





11 comments:

  1. Very nice image, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm sorry for your predicament Ike . . .but I loved what you wrote and could just picture the scene, so I kinda smirked a little. GLAD you're up and running again now though.

    VERY pretty sketch you've produced.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is an awesome digi. So sorry about your phone... I would have been so lost as well without internet!!! Glad it finally got resolved...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzie oh I really feel for you but your story did make me chuckle and thank you for that I really hope you get it all sorted very soon gorgeous image thankyou
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry for the difficulties you experienced. Man can not fight against nature. We are connected to electricity, the Internet and mobile phones. I didn't understand everything, but your story seemed like a piece of theater of the absurd.
    Hope you are well now.
    Many thanks for this image - it's wonderful!
    /I hope you have received a calendar from Bulgaria and a postcard from me./
    HUGS
    Borqna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ike, I love this image. thank you so much. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are connected to the world again

    Hugz. Mi

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I can just feel your frustration. The very thing that I like about visiting Greece on holiday (how chilled out and easy going it was) must be very frustrating when you need to get something done. I mean, life without the tinternet is like UNBEARABLE!!! They people clearly do not appreciate the finer things in life.....

    Thank you very much for your lovely freebie. I love the Greek scenes, they remind me of a very happy holiday in Crete. We currently have a thick blanket of snow in the UK so it seems like it was a million years ago now....

    Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of your frustrating time with telephone and internet service. It is scary how much time we spend on computers, isn't it?! Thanks so much for this beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to start a series of "a day in the life...". You're a hoot. Although it is rather insensitive of me to laugh at your difficultes. But it is your fault, you just made the story so funny. Apparently I am now bombarding YOU with comments. Hope they don't overload your system and you crash again. :-) So happy that you are back on track. Hopefully there will be no more bad storms in the immediate future anyways so you can catch up on your backlog. I'd be a mess if I couldn't get on line for two weeks. I shudder to even think it...Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! All that and I forgot to say thank you for another wonderful image.

      Sorry...

      Delete