WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Monday 21 January 2013

HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE HDH159

Hello again,
Well, today is Macabre Monday over at HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, the Challenge is called 'Famous Last Words'.
Create a piece using a famous last line from a book, film, poem or use a deathbed utterance or confession. 
I decided to use the purported last utterance of CHOPIN.

Frédéric François Chopin  1810 – 1849 was a Polish composer and virtuoso pianist. He is widely considered one of the greatest Romantic composers. Chopin was born in Żelazowa Wola, a village in the Duchy of Warsaw. A renowned child-prodigy pianist and composer, he grew up in Warsaw and completed his music education there; he composed many of his mature works in Warsaw before leaving Poland in 1830 at age 20, shortly before the 1830 Uprising.
Following the Russian suppression of the Uprising, he settled in Paris as part of Poland's Great Emigration. During the remaining 19 years of his life, Chopin gave only some 30 public performances, preferring the more intimate atmosphere of the salon; he supported himself by selling his compositions and teaching piano. After some romantic dalliances with Polish women, including an abortive engagement, from 1837 to 1847 he carried on a relationship with the French writer Amantine Dupin, aka George Sand. For most of his life Chopin suffered from poor health; he died in Paris in 1849 at age 39.

FOR THE SQUEAMISH.................LOOK AWAY NOW !!!............................................




I used a piece of sheet music by Chopin and then stamped over it with one of my new 'Inky Dreams' rubber stamps from SMEARED INK. I used Versamark embossing stamp with red powder, and melted with my heat gun. I printed out and coloured 'Open Torso' - from the Gross Anatomy Set also by Smeared Ink, then I coloured him a little with pencils. I found a little portrait of Chopin on the Web and the quote, which I printed out in Dymo.

Challenges I am entering:

Haunted Design House HDH159 - Famous Last Words
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - What Are You Known For ?  (My love of Horror/Gothic/Gore and quirky mind set) Tee Hee 

8 comments:

  1. Whoa! Pretty darn creepy, my dear. But hey, aren't you still a Minion? xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you were gonna play along with us! I was getting jealous, seeing you entering all these other challenges. Wonderfully grotesque and perfect for our challenge at HDH. You ROCK!
    Much love, Glo

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally brilliant. very striking and I love the images you have used. Im with Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not for the squeamish lol, great text, perfect for the image. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH, urgh,'orrible! I LOVE it! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange to see you "this side of the fence" . This is just too fantabulous for more words. LOVE it xx

    ReplyDelete