WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Sunday 5 July 2015

TRIED SOMETHING NEW :-D

Hello Sunday Peeps,

I am busy making a few card commissions at present and here is my first one ready for the off. :-)
I bought myself a cute little cut/embossing set recently with a super sweet Tatty Ted, so he came out to play today :-)  You can make it a Girl or a Boy if you don't add the bow - or I guess you could use the bow for a Bowtie ? !.


Anyways - I originally just cut and embossed him straight out the packet and then I lightly colour enhanced it with some chalks. The effect was OK but , as I sat with my coffee I thought, maybe if I ink up the die I can get him to kind of 'print' and show up better. Well, that's what I did....... here's some pics of different methods I tried for the best result ....


A: was done by inking with a pad, but if you press too hard it inks up to deeply and you get the smurge within the outline.
B: was done by smearing the ink pad carefully over the top of the die, but again, if you are a bit heavy handed you still get a little 'smurge' going on there.
C: was done very carefully with a TomBow Dual Brush Pen (which are water     based) and then 'huffed' on before I put the card on it and cut it.
I don't think I cleaned the die very well beforehand as I can still see a tiny 'smurge' there, but I cleaned it properly before doing it again with my final colour for the actual card image. Then I added a little chalk for added depth.  
Not bad at all I say ?!!!!
I used some matching  Boho backing card and some snippets of 'Moondust' paper for another die cut frame, and card bits which I coloured with chalks to make the pennants. I added faux stitching with a red Pilot pen.

I used:

6" x 6" basic card base in golden honey.
Carte Blanche "Tiny Tatty Ted" - Me To You Die cutting + Embossing Set
First Edition BoHo Chic,  6x6 heavy cardstock pack
Cheery Lynn Designs - Pierced Stacker #4
Snippets of 'MoonDust' paper and beige card.


Well - there you have it. :-D
I am sure that somebody will come and tell me a better/easier way of doing it..... and for that I would be grateful, but at least I got it to work :-D

Thanks for stopping by.

Challenges I am entering:







2 comments: