WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 16 July 2015

QUOTH THE RAVEN QUEST #46 POEtry - MIDWAY REMINDER


Hi there,
Here I am with my DT for the Midway reminder over at QUOTH THE RAVEN QUEST #46 - POEtry.
The idea is to illustrate one of the poems of EDGAR ALLAN POE and I have chosen to do............................................

 "TO THE RIVER"

Fair river ! In thy bright, clear flow
Of crystal, wandering water;
Thou art an emblem of the glow
Of beauty - the unhidden heart -
The playful maziness of art
In old Alberto's daughter;

But when within thy wave she looks -
Which glistens then, and trembles -
Why, then, the prettiest of brooks
Her worshipper resembles.
For in his heart, as in thy stream,
Her image deeply lies,
His heart which trembles at the beam
of her soul-searching eyes.
                                                 
                                                                                                                 1829


I have used my Freebie Raven backing paper and Annabel Lee 2, both available at IKEsART, and a POE image from 'But I Digress', set upon a b/w photo of a river. My Annabel Lee was coloured with Promarkers and then scanned back into the computer.This piece was then constructed digitally within PSE 9.

I hope you will come over and play along with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN.
The collection of POE's poems and works can be found HERE.

Thank you for dropping by.

Challenges I am entering:

Mod Squad Challenge - Water or Sky





3 comments: