WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 18 July 2015

MORE CARDS

YaY !! The weekend is here :-)
I made another Birthday card this morning ready to send off.
I used a brand new FREEBIE that I got this morning in the Newsletter from A DAY 4 DAISIES. It is really sweet and is called 'Buds In My Hair', and was just perfect for what I wanted for my card which is for a friend who is definitely a 'girly girl' :-D



I printed the image onto a sheet of newsprint and then printed her again on white card so that I could colour her hair. I used Promarkers for that. I mounted it on my watercolour background and then drew some thin black lines around that because it seemed to be a bit lacking in something.

This design was done following a Sketch from TUESDAY MORNING SKETCHES.
I used a snippet of dragonfly paper from a Little Sizzix pad mounted onto pink card for the side panel and made a sentiment flag. Added 3 flowers from my stach and there you go !! :-D


Challenges I am entering:

AD4D Challenge #126 - Add Some Newsprint



14 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation love the way you printed on new paper and then added the white card to colour Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ike - You've done a BEAUTIFUL job with the new ADFD freebie. It also is perfect for the "girly" challenge at Brown Sugar Challenges. Always good to see you around and appreciate your entry with us at BSC. Take care and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card
    love this
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet and girly, Ike! Love the paper piecing of the hair on top of the face printed on the book page. Gotta try that. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the image! Beautiful.
    Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Ike . . .this is just SUPERB. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always fancied stamping on newsprint but don't ever think to do it with digi's. Great idea Ike and it is a pleasure to see you at ADFD Newsprint challenge. Take care and see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I love the image stamp over newsprint. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning work, love the stamping over newsprint,,,, looks very elegant. Thankyou so much for joining us over at Brown Sugar for our 'girly challenge' Hope to see you again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I'm loving the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job with this card, Ike! I love that you printed and colored her hair separately. What a great idea! Thanks for playing along with A Day for Daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful use of newsprint on this card, Ike! Love how you kept her simple and just colored her hair. Thanks for playing along with the ADFD Newsprint challenge. You did a beautiful job with the freebie. She's a beauty. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you printed the digi on the newsprint!! Lovely coloring! I am so glad you played along with us @ the ADFD challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card. I really liked that you printed the face on the newsprint. I think you might win this challenge. It's a great card.

    ReplyDelete