WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 25 July 2015

ARTISTIC MOTIVATION

Good morning Peeps,

I am going to have a crafty day down here in my basement today as it is very hot and sticky outside and too many mosquitoes. !!! :-(

I recently won a Challenge at SPEEDY FOX & FRIENDS over at the MFP STAMPS blog,  and I got my stamp set yesterday :-D It's called  "IT'S A COWBOY THING"...

... and it includes this cute itty bitty Foxy stamp, and I couldn't resist using him straight away. !! :-D  I made myself a motivational Wall Hanging....


I seem to be obsessed with Rainbows just at present, so this was another play with some of my ink stamps :-)
I found this old rollery thingy in the garage and decided to try it out as a Brayer. It's a bit cracked and lumpy but I like the effect.
Using plain white card, I rollered all the rainbow coloured inks onto it. Shame the yellow sort of disappeared - I didn't 'partial roll' the green and it covered it up :-(  Anyhoo - I quite like the effect.
Then I dragged out a NBUS Grid Guide by 'Impression Obsession' ( don't know what you actually DO with this. I got it at a craft show or something yonks ago, and now I can't remember what it was for !!!!).. well, I used it as a stencil to put my faux stitching, doodle frames on there using the 1.25" square grid.
Then I stamped part of the floral image from the Set, by colouring the bits I wanted with a navy Marvy Brush Marker and stamped inside some of the squares.
I stamped the Foxy onto white card and fussy cut round him. He was then mounted in the other squares on foamies. :-)
I printed a sentiment panel and mounted the whole thing on red card and then added some yellow string for hanging.
Ta Dah !!!! 

Well - I am off to make something else today as I am feeling quite crafty, so I might enter some Challenges. I am off to browse the list :-D   xxxx

Challenges I am entering:

That's Crafty Challenges - Stencils & Masks
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #17 - Picture Inspiration


13 comments:

  1. the stamps are great
    veery nice card with cute fox
    have a great weekend
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win Ike.

    Love what you've made here and the background looks great.

    Happy craft day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project love the sentiment how true Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wall hanging, it's a great project and you certainly nailed the this week's challenge at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends. Thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and colorful wall hanging! Love it! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun "quilt" wallhanging. I love all quilted things. Thanks for sharing with us on MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely work done with the new stamp set!
    Thanks for joining us this week at MFP/SF&F.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They asked for frame you game them FRAMES good job Thanks for sharing at MFP SF&F..................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Ike! I love your wall hanging! Congrats on your MFP stamp win! The cute little fox is adorable! Love your rainbow inking too! Your doodled stitching is perfect and now you've used another NBUS item! Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog! My mojo has disappeared and it only makes a brief appearance before it disappears again LOL! I hope it finds its way back to me soon!

    Hugs
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a Lovely project i love the watercolours

    Thank you so much for entering the 'Picture Inspiration' Challenge over at Paperbabe Stamps

    Krafty Hugs xx
    Kerrie ( Paperbabe DT )

    ReplyDelete
  11. lucky you! Lovely prize. And you've made something really wizzy with it! Love!
    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute doodling! Thanks for joining us at the MFPSS/SFF challenge this week!
    Come and see what I've done lately.
    kReN @ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project, I love the rainbow colours! Thanks for joining us at Paperbabe Stamps and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete