WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Friday 4 March 2016

PLAYING WITH BLEACH

Well Hellooooo Peeps,
Happy Friday and I hope you are all looking forward to a bit of crafting time this weekend ??
Today I decided to have a bit of a play with some bleach, rubber stamps and assorted green card.
I started with these:




For my first attempt, I got some really dark green thick card and tried stamping with bleach using the De-Stempelwinkel water droplets stamp (above). 
Well - not entirely successful as you lose all the detail but not an unusable end product I think !


I tried again on some lighter weight card with less bleach and then stamped the froggy in black over the top.
Hmmmmmm - not bad but still not exactly what I wanted. :-)


Then I tried stamping the froggy and painting over him with bleach.
Pretty cool effect .... it made him look like a cross between an x-ray and some sort of nuclear fall-out froggy :-D

I used the stencil (above)  with green and black inks and also with the bleach. This was a different piece of green card and the bleach made it go blue, which was very interesting.
Then I cut out some leaves from the same card I did the froggy and painted the bleach through the die cut before removing the leaves. This would have been the parts that are normally embossed. I edged the leaves with black ink.
Like that effect very much so here is my final piece - I made a Tag . :-D


Whilst I was doing this and experimenting with different sponges/daubers etc. to use with the stencil, I came across a lovely pink, circular cosmetic sponge in my box of tricks and wondered what it would be like totally inked and printed and here it is..............................


Now isn't that just totally cool. I can see all sorts of uses for this...... from bubbles to molten lava  !!!!!  Marvelous. :-D 

Anyhoo - I had a very interesting afternoon.  I ended up with one black finger and one totally bleached white and also smarmed my sleeve through the bleach as well, so not so good there !!! hahaha
Have now got a lot of things to go wash up, so I will be back again to play later.

Thanks for dropping in. xx

I am hoping that he will count for the De-Stemp Challenge.... I mean, I know he's not an insect but frogs crawl and they can be rather creepy right ????!!! :-D 


Challenges I am entering:

De-Stempelwinkel Stampers Challenge #4 - Insects/Creepy Crawlies
Polkadoodles Week #8 Challenge - Tic, Tac, Toe  (centre down - Animals, Nature, Tag)
Vintage Stamping Challenge #41 - Splatters & Drips
Mod Squad Challenge - Feature A Creature

9 comments:

  1. Frogs do crawl, but I don't find them creepy, only the ones that you have to kiss.... LOL
    But they do feed on insects... And your bleached frog is a bit creepy... It depends on our challenge-master Lyn if she counts you in or out.
    Thank you for entering our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing how you got that look on the frog. He sure is a creature. Lol
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck, and hope to see you again.
    Barbara, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time you have had with your bleach. Love your frog and the end result is fabulous. Thanks for joining us in our Tic Tac Toe challenge over at Polkadoodles.
    Carol (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out fantastic! Great background for the frog. I know exactly why I don't attempt to stamp with bleach - I would most likely knock it over. Used it once in a card class years ago, it was so much fun, but I am a messy stamper and would most likely end up with ruined clothes and stamp desk :-)
    Thanks so much for playing along in my critters and creatures linky party. A new one will be posted on Monday, hope you'll join in again then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to read about your process. Very cool results too. Yeah, that sponge print is pretty nice. Thanks for sharing your creative project with us on the Vintage Stamping Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh, I love your bleach experiments (except the one with your sleeve!).
    FAB sponge image. That's a cool one.

    Playing catch up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us over at Kitty Bees for this weeks challenge..
    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever and very different thanks for joining in Tic, Tac, Toe at Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of cause you're 'in' Ike... if you say this frog is 'creepy' he is! I am so glad you had fun playing with bleach... shame about your sleeve tho.... I've done the same myself many times... did you know if you get bleach on black fabric it leaves a red mark? Well it does... i know...i have many!
    Thank you as always for entering our challenge at DESTEMPELWINKEL STAMPERS this fortnight. love always BDx

    ReplyDelete