WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 5 March 2016

I FOUND MY JOURNAL :-)

Helloooo......
Well - would you believe it ??? I was going through some stuff and I looked up on a shelf,  and I found the Journal that I started last year. !!! I had completely forgotten that I had started it :-D 
I had just finished a piece of art and was looking for something to mount it on when I found the Journal and would you believe..... what I had made actually fit exactly onto a page ?!!!  Destiny or what ?!
Here it is then........



The main image is from DE-STEMPELWINKEL - Plate 72 Mystic Dreams.
The inks are a 4 way pad from Encore - Ultimate Metallic 'Enchanted Evening' .
Tonic Die - 'Ringlet Rest' Butterfly Die Set.

I made a background first using red, pink, purple ink through the negative part of  some leaves I die cut the other day. Then I sponged over in black with my trusty make up sponge I told you about yesterday. :-)
I wrote in my sentiment and then worked over the background with a dauber and the inks.
I think I am quite pleased with it and I like the way the sentiment looks like it's back-lit :-D

Here's a peek at the other pages I had already done in my Journal and forgotten about !!!! 




Well - I have totally psyched myself up now and may well start another page. !! :-D
The thing is...... if you do a single page piece, how do you connect it to the blank page on the other side ??/  Or don't you ?????   Questions, questions !!  :-(

Thanks for popping in and I hope you have a great crafting weekend. xxxxxxxxx


Challenges I am entering:

De-Stempelwinkel Stampers Challenge #4 - Insects/Creepy Crawlies




5 comments:

  1. pages are so wonderful!
    oh I can not help you.
    did not yet strat with art journaling..have a great weekend

    >^.^<
    Fiki❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, also the ones that you do not use for our challenge. I think that an art journal is something where you can express your feelings, let your creativity flow. That implicates that two pages do not need to connect, if they do it's fine, but not necessary. Using the same colours will connect them right away, and if you are looking for images... some flowers (and perhaps some more butterflies) would do the trick, butterflies love flowers!
    Thank you for joining our challenge for a second time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL your pages are fantastic and so individual Ike - just like you!

    I'm not quite sure what you mean about "connecting" the pages. If you're referring to sticking them together back to back . . . something like Mod Podge wet glue is probably your best bet.

    If your journal pages are thin, you can always pain Gesso over them before working on them.

    If you mean a themed connection between them . . . it's up to you, but I never worry about what's on the next page . . . it's all just experimenting and art to me!

    I certainly hope you DO continue to fill your pages with your unique take on things.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're journal is stunning thus far....my friend. Only you could forget you'd started one :) Thank you for entering our challenge at DESTEMPELWINKEL STAMPERS for a 2nd time this fortnight.... you have a parcel on its way from the last time you won.... love always xxx

    ReplyDelete