WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Tuesday 7 May 2013

MEET THE FLOCKERS

Good Morning Peeps, and welcome to Bit By The Bug Tuesday :-D
                                                   
Today is a new release day over at CREATIVE BUG ON THE LOOSE and I was lucky enough to be given the new digis to work with. Naomi is still on 'Sicky Squad' and her Blog is being managed by the wonderful LISA over at DECOSSE's DYNAMITE DOODLES. Lisa started a special thing .... to get us to make cards for Naomi to hopefully cheer her up and also let her know we are all rooting for her :-) If you would like to join in there go HERE... scroll down a bit and you will see a message from Lisa giving the instructions on what to do :-) You can make a card up to 12th May, when Lisa will then post them all on a special Blog Post. Mine's in and the actual card it making it's way to Naomi by the proverbial 'Donkey Mail' :-D

So... back to my creations..... the new digi is called "The Flockers" and I made two projects.
My first is a Bob Voyage card. This image seemed to say to me that it would be great for a journey, so I put them on a holiday type background, added a compass coz I figured they would be going South, made a post card and then coloured the images with Copics, cut them out and mounted them with foam pads. I also added a tiny flock of birds that was a freebie from Digital Stamp Design. To get yours go HERE.



Then I got an idea about where they might be going, so I made a 3D project and call it 'Flocker Island' Here they are just arriving.


This time I coloured them digitally and printed them out twice - once on the 'flip, so they would look as good from the back. I also did the same with a palm tree, cut out a few extra leaves to stick on for 3D effect,  and then mounted it on a pipe cleaner. I stuck it into some clay in a small plastic dish and then put some tiny pebbles from the beach round the bottom. It would look great with some blue water in it too but I think my clay might suffer a bit.
The tree stands about 7" tall, so I enlarged my Flockers to suit.  The two halves of the image are sandwiched together on a wire so the birds kind of dingle around a bit in the breeze :-D. The smallest was a right little 'Flocker' to cut out and paste together round his wire !!! LoL
Here's a closer peek.


I think they work equally well in bright colours - it's such a versatile little image :-)
Well - there you have it.... why not pop over the CREATIVE BUG and get yours. 

See you a bit later :-D    xxxxxxxxxx

Challenges I am entering:

Make My Monday - Anything That Flies
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
OSATT #162 - Anything Goes




14 comments:

  1. Hi Ike!! I had to come over and thank you for doing such an amazing job on your card and project, the card has such gorgeous colors and love the theme!!! You always amaze me and this time is no exception. Lisa are so lucky to have you as a friend Ike... I couldn't read your post thinking I may ruin the surprise so I will have to come back and check out the details on these FOR SURE, I am really interested in the beautiful mulitcolored version, saaaaweeeeet!!! Thanks for being such a huge support, you rock! Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB little Flockers! LOL!

    You are SOOO creative! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally fabulous!!! Just love the way you have made a story out of this. The island is totally awesome creativity!!! Love the coloring of the birds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, really clever and imaginative, I bet you had fun creating the island. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'd say you found your mojo, my dear. Both projects are fab, but the 3D one is just brilliant! Hey, forgot to wish you a happy birthday on Sunday. Hope it was a great day. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous projects!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic are these little flockers...love them ,so vibrant and so much fun
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun projects Ike! Saw it on MIM. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how great! Love these little guys!! Awesome project!! both of them!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

    - Susan, DT @ OSAAT
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan}

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous projects, thanks for sharing them with us at Make My Monday this week,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ike
    thanks for stopping by my blog for WOYWW. My hands were still too sore to type yesterday so I'm a day late but here I am. I can't see your WOYWW desk so sorry if I am on the wrong page but I do love the flockers and the 3D project you made with them is awesome...love the bright colours.
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #39

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, fabulous, and did I say fabulous? You are a sweetheart to pitch in and showcase Na's new digi and I can't believe how awesome the projects turned out. I just adore Flocker Island, so creative. Just think what you'll be able to come up with when Mo gets back!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your card and project on MIM. I love the colors and love the cute birds. Fun project and card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects, love those birds. Thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete