WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Monday 6 January 2014

SMEARED & SMUDGED WITH SMEARED INK - 1st PIECE FOR 2014

Hello Peeps,
Here I am today with my 1st 2014 piece for the SMEARED INK Design Team. I have digi images that I draw exclusively for Smeared Ink too, so why not pop over to the Shop for a browse at the great images there  :-)  There is also The Rubber Club where you can get fabbo exclusive sheets of images :-D 

Now you know already that Smudgy Antics Blog has closed , so now everything is happening in the SMEARED & SMUDGED FORUM and we have many Challenges, Workshops, Tutorials and all sorts of fun stuff going on over there, so why not pop over and join us.
My piece is for the Anything Goes theme and I have used images from the 'Specimen Jar' set and also 'Skeleton Dancer' single image.


I made a grungy backing from some old cardboard and tore it to expose the inside corrugation. I stuck on some Masking Tape to give texture (as per SHELL's Tutorial - CLASS #11 - at the MIXED MEDIA UNIVERSITY, where I am one of her Teamies  :-D    I've never done this before but I love the effect I achieved with the cardboard and tape. :-)
I painted the whole thing then with Gesso. Then I distressed it with inks and added some glitter. The wings are from my 'snippets' box and the rose from my stash. I daubed some ink on my rose too, to tone it down as it was far too pink !!! I then made a Stick Pin with a skully charm. I made a ticket with the skeleton image and with the main image, I altered the colour/hue of the Digi in Photoshop to fit it with my scheme.

I hope you will pop over to the FORUM and have a snoop round.

See you later xoxoxox

Challenges I am entering:

Anyone For Anya - Corrugated Cardboard
Challenges for Everybody #37 - Anything Goes
Glitter & Sparkle Challenge #66 - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Use a Charm Challenge 
Open Minded Crafting Challenge #1 - New Toys or Techniques (grunge is new for me  LoL)





23 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning brilliant image papers and ticket Ginny♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - super grungy and GREAT embellishments. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Masterpiece!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow totally adore the great backing paper you have created this way!!! I need to try that out. I also love the image you have used. I ordered the great dancing skeletons ;o) of course you can't make it that small with a stamp... but should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you can Stamp it, Scan it and then Shrink it :-D xxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
    2. can we?!? Some stamp companies don't allow that because it's an infringement..... It removes the need for the digis... If so that would be great news!!! I've been wanting to use some of them in other formats...

      Delete
    3. Ooooh err.... let me check with SI then and ask what their policy is. OK ? xx

      Delete
    4. I know other Girls that do it but I have asked at Smeared Ink to see what they say OK ? xxx

      Delete
    5. Here is a snippet of the reply at Smeared Ink as regards your question....
      "As far as scanning in and using a rubber image as a digi, we are going to allow this only if the image has been stamped out and colored (or altered/prepared in some way for your project) and THEN scanned. I've done this before on lots of digital projects (colored and then scanned)."

      There is a much longer answer over there which basically says that some companies might not like it and you have to check their Terms.

      Delete
    6. Thank you very much for the info!!! Now that gives me all sorts of possibilities ;o)

      Delete
  5. Great card. Thanks for playing at Glitter n Sparkle. Good luck. We hope to see you next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card...love the colours ....so different! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally amazing, Ike! Gorgeous work. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back with my DT hat on and I'm so glad that you have tried your hand at grunge because you did it really really well!!! Love this make!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ike I love this technique. I'm gonna have to give it a try and check out the tutorial over at S&S. The image is just awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, Ike this is amazing, you have so much talent, and what a fabulous idea for adding texture to your project, thank you for sharing with us at Open-minded Crafting Fun, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! This is so gorgeous!!! I really love all the texture... its amazing!!! I really need to get in there and try some of that!! I always love how it turns out!! Wonderful!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us Ike!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card
    Thanks for joining this month at Anyone For Anya

    Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. This piece is marvelous. He looks the best in textures and this is gorgeous with the vintage flair..love that ticket..:) love the whole thing
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your details. I'm going to give some of the MMU techniques a try in the very near future. I love your MM canvas. Absolutely Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to have you back on the team Ike! Your canvas is as LB said, stunning. Fabulous layout and texture, and I love the pink and yellow together. You've definitely showcased our images well, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting. Great grunge look and the wings and rose are great juxtapositions with the darker images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card. Love the glitter.
    Thanks for joining the January challenge at Anyone for Anya.
    Susan ♥ stamponme.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete