WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Sunday 1 March 2015

ART JOURNAL FUN

Happy Sunday Peeps,
I have been having fun browsing all sorts of Journal and mixed media sites to see what people do and I am finding some wonderful things.
I also found a Journal Challenge at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY, so I made something to enter.



The really great thing is - this art journal business is making me search through things I have got that I had completely forgotten about or bought and not used !! :-)  I am also finding stuff that is new and I will never use - impulse buys I guess. Maybe I will have to sell/swap those.   hahaha LoL

Anyways - I managed to get a relatively decent shot of the pearl sprays but it still doesn't show up well does it. ? Does anyone have any tips for taking pics of pearly shiny schtuff ???

Items used:

Tonic Studios Butterfly Die Set - 'Ringlet Rest'
Quote:  Ginger's House (she gives great inspirational Freebies)
Lavender Designs 'EyE' and notepaper
ART BYTES background 'brush'  called 'Script' by Christine Smith
Stickles - Crystal Ice
Tsukineko Fireworks - London Fog


Challenges I am entering:







13 comments:

  1. Art Journal BIG FUN I'd say. Each page you create is SO different to the previous one. You look like you're having a ball with the Journaling malarkey! Think I might play in mine in a minute!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal page, great composition. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning journal page and the pearl sheen looks terrific. Lovely to have you join in at Art Journal Journey.

    Love Chrissie, guest designer for March xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great art journal,love the soft colors and the eyes,love this piece.


    greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome page, the Quote on the top is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page Ike... that's the same to me with forgotten things and stuff that I bought and never used...hihi,
    I found out that when I take a photo with turned on light (not daylight -artificial light) the shine and glitter shows better-
    but I don't often use shiny stuff on my pages....
    Thank you very much for participating in the Art Journal Journey Challenge with this fabulous piece!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your Vintage Look page very much. Very good designed!
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous Ike. I love the mixtures you have used and how you have put on your gloss/glitter/sheen over the words. I was a member/submitter (?) to Paint Party Friday for years and Balzer and that is a great way to meet hundreds of Mixed Media Journalling Folk and to find their Challenges and commune back and forth on each other's pieces. PPF is a really tight community once you submit each week. Willowing Arts has alot of Journallers/Mixed media as well, both teaching and participating in Life Book, which I've done each year. Just look up who is teaching for each year and go to their blogs...loads of journallers info! I love what you are up to. Your penwomanship is phenomenal. Just on that alone, I can totally see you teaching a workshop online. Joanne Sharp, who I've taken a few from, does exactly that...your penwomanship is one of the most unique I've seen...and combined with your artistic flair - wow - would a workshop be great!!!! I'll be a huge supporter. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and of course The Art Journaler. (online, instagram, FB, Twitter)...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just magical! You are doing amazing work, Chickie! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to use up all those precious supplies. Delightful page. What a watchful eye. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree. I am going through mine too. I love what you made here. It is truly a beautiful page. I love journaling more than words can say.your page is gorgeous
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete