WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Monday 25 May 2015

QUOTH THE RAVEN & OTHER SCHTUFF

Hello Peeps,
Gosh - I feel like such a slacker because I haven't been in for a while or put my DT work up, but I can assure you that I have been beavering away this end like a demented beavering thing, doing gardening and craft room sorting and schtuff, so am now ready to craft away :-D
I am late putting up my piece for Week 3 over at QUOTH THE RAVEN Challenge #44 ... this theme is Raving Ravens and here is what I made this time... another journal page.... yay me !!!  :-D 



I used some pieces of a floral serviette as the background and on top of that I stuck a page from a gorgeous Notebook that a great Chum sent me :-) I inked up around the edges in black. I already had this Raven cut out in my Snippets box, so decided to use him up with a little cage (cut from my new die cut.... as if I didn't have enuff of those already   hee hee) I stamped POE inside the cage and the Quoth The Raven word art  using rubber stamps from the Quoth The Raven set by Smeared Ink . I wrote my sentiment by hand... it says...
"Fly free from the Cage of Conformity and live your Art ".

Here's a little card commission I did recently too. I was given the photo and asked to make it into an anniversary card.  I used up some snippets of scrapbooking paper and a selection of die cuts and silk roses. 


I scrunched out the faces for Blog purposes in case the Peeps didn't want their faces plastered all over the place .... my card didn't actually look like that  LoL  :-D

Well - I am whizzing off now to get something else finished, so I might be back again later :-)

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you are having a fabbo BH weekend for those that are getting one !! :-D


Challenges I am entering:


Crafty Sentiments Challenges - Anything but a Card
Artistic Inspirations Challenge #132 - AG with a twist - Die Cuts


11 comments:

  1. Two fabulous projects lve the roses Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work Ike . . . particularly the QTR project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish you could bottle some of that beavering energy and send it over to me, Ike!! There is nothing like having a good sort and clean to get the juices flowing! Both of your cards today are fantastic!! I know the happy couple will treasure their card as a keepsake for always!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, we have to take a few steps back in order to move forward, Ike, but glad you are back in your neat 'n' tidy craft space! Great inspiration piece for the Raving Ravens theme at Quoth the Raven. First, I thought your sentiment was a stamp, so way to go on your handwriting, Sister! I love the composition of elements for this piece, especially Poe in the cage--perhaps with writer's block! Well done on the anniversary card, too!

    Kay Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card you've framed the image beautifully with those flowers - thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love gardening and certainly understand the fun in the sun. I love both pieces. your cards have become so elegant.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Fabulous raven notebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!

    I just wanted to let you know that Jim has been found, He is on his way to the hospital ER and his doctor has been notified. Adter 2 1/2 days without meds, etc. he has been found and is safe. Thank you for your kind comments.

    Hugs,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your raven notebook is gorgeous, Ike! Love the napkin idea too!

    ReplyDelete