WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Monday 16 January 2012

SMUDGY ANTICS CHALLENGE - MASKING

Happy Monday,
Here we are again with Smudgy Antics and our Challenge this week is "Masking". This week I have tried a technique I saw recently on the Splitcoast Stampers Newsletter which they called 'Reverse Masking'.
I printed my image - Clarice, from the Glam Vamp set by Smeared Ink, and I coloured her digitally. Do you like her Smeared Ink shirt ??? :-D Then I cut out and embossed her with one of my Nesties. Then you have to put the Nestie back on AND the bit you cut it from and ink round the edges, and then again with just the Nestie frame. Then I stamped through some lace round the outside of that. I place the whole thing on some Joanna Sheen lacey paper that I had tinted green with Distress Ink. The flowers are from one of my much coveted prizes from Petaloo. :-) I think she came out pretty cool, and it was something totally different for me to do :-)




I hope you will come over and play with us at Smudgy Antics.
Your project can be anything (card, scrapbook page, mixed media, altered or 3-D item, etc) as long as it is handmade and stamped somewhere with either a rubber or digital stamp. We have taken into consideration our digital artist fans and will be allowing all-digi projects. Feel free to think outside the box and have fun with your project! We are all about looking at things differently and look forward to the variety of projects and mediums we are sure to see.

***Every entry, no matter what stamped image is used, will now qualify for a prize. Encourage your crafty friends to come play with us!

You may use any stamped image, however only projects using at least one Smeared Ink image will be eligible to win placement in the "Top Three".
*You can only enter and qualify for a prize if you are, or become, a follower of the blog. While you're at it, why not visit the forum as well for more challenges?

The weekly winner will be chosen by random number and revealed on Sunday. Prizes will vary and may range from a free digi to a coupon to a blog badge. The TOP 3 are 'personally selected'.



7 comments:

  1. love the smeared ink shirt, great idea, love the masking you did with the lace, fab job, as always ;-) monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Smudgy Antics shirt is so cool! not sure I understand what you did with the nesties but the result is FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh just adore this image,just love that image,its so cool,brilliant hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card. Great technique. Nuff said! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome masking technique and beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow weeee that is gorgeous. that smeared ink shirt is a great idea. You always have some awesome idea's. That's why I chose you two to stalk. great work you do lady

    ReplyDelete